|Electrical Linesworker Immigration to Australia PR Visa|
| ELECTRICAL LINESWORKER (AUS) / ELECTRICAL LINE MECHANIC (NZ)
Installs, maintains, repairs and patrols electrical sub-transmission and distribution systems. Registration or licensing may be required.
Skill Level: 3
Electrical Linesworker (Distribution) (Aus) / Electrical Line Mechanic (Distribution) (NZ)
Electrical Linesworker (Transmission) (Aus) / Electrical Line Mechanic (Transmission) (NZ)
Railway Traction Line Worker
The average salary for an Electrical Linesworker is $ 105,190 per year.
Average Age: Males: Females: Persons: 36.5
[See: www.abs.gov.au 3422 Electrical distribution trades workers - Employee Earnings and Hours, Australia, May 2016]
|Australian visa options for Electrical Linesworker||Employer Sponsorship|
|Permanent||489 Visa||Permanent||482 TSS Visa|
|Skilled Occupation||ANZSCO Code||Assessing Authority||189 Visa||190 Visa||State||Family||186 Visa (DE)||187 Visa||All area||Regional area|
|Visa processing times-months (75%) ||-||17||Business Visas|
|Visa processing times-months (90%) ||-||19|
Inapplicability conditions (for a TSS visa):
- The position does not require a minimum of 2 years’ relevant work experience.
- The position has nominated annual earnings of less than AUD65,000.
- "(a) the position has nominated annual earnings of less than AUD65,000; and (b) if the nominee is to be transferred to fill the position—the transfer is not an intra-corporate transfer to which an international trade obligation applies."
- The position is not located in regional Australia (within the meaning of subregulation 5.19(16) of the Regulations).
- The position has nominated annual earnings of less than AUD90,000.
Information for Employers
Are you seeking to employ an Electrical Linesworker for your company?
If you are unable to find an Australian staff, you might consider hiring an Electrical Linesworker from overseas. We have a huge database of potential candidates; you can email us your job opportunity at email@example.com . Your offer will be sent to suitable candidates.
|This website is in a beta testing stage and is liable to have error.|
|Sponsorship options for Electrical Linesworker
|190 Visa Sponsorship
||489 Visa Sponsorship
|Northern Territory (NT) (Darwin) Government Visa Sponsorship
- Financial capacity
- Applicants living outside Australia:
one year of skilled work experience in the past 2 years or alternatively have Australian qualifications.
- Processing times
Offshore applicants: six to eight months
NT student / NT resident applicants: one month.
- Cost of application: Free
Postcodes: Entire territory (including Darwin, Palmerston, Alice Springs, Katherine and Nhulunbuy)
||NT||For applicants who are able to provide evidence of positive employment prospects
|NT||NT||For Graduates in the NT
|NT||NT||For applicants who have strong family connections
|NT||NT||For applicants who meet the NT residency and work requirements (including 485, 417, 462 and 457 visas Holders)
|Nomination by South Australia State Government (SA) (Adelaide)
|Victoria State Nomination (VIC) (Melbourne)
||VIC|| For Graduates in Victoria:|
- completed a PhD in Victoria within the past five years.
- IELTS: Minimum 6.0 in each band
|Skilled Migration Western Australia State Nomination (WA) (Perth)
|New South Wales (NSW) (Sydney) State Visa Sponsorship
||Far South Coast|
||Mid North Coast|
|Queensland (QLD) State Visa Sponsorship (Brisbane)
BSMQ Temporarily Suspends QUEENSLAND SKILLED VISA NOMINATION for Subclass 190 & 489; BSMQ will re-open the State Nomination Program in the new financial year (July 2019). For applicants currently working in Queensland:
Eligible Postcodes: 4124 to 4125, 4133, 4211, 4270 to 4272, 4275, 4280, 4285, 4287, 4307 to 4499, 4515, 4517 to 4519, 4522 to 4899 (Anywhere except the greater Brisbane area and the Gold Coast; including Sunshine Coast, Townsville, Cairns, Toowoomba, Rockhampton, Mackay, Bundaberg, Hervey Bay, Pacific Pines, Carrara, Nerang and Gladstone)
- Currently working in regional Queensland in the nominated or closely related occupation for the previous 4 months at time of lodging the Expression of Interest; and
- Have an offer to continue your employment and the same employer for 12 months in regional Queensland in your nominated or closely related occupation
- Sponsorship Fee: $ 200
|Australian Capital Territory (ACT) (Canberra) Visa Sponsorship
|Tasmanian (TAS) (Hobart) Government Visa Sponsorship
||TAS||Nomination Criteria: |
- Available to Tasmanian international graduates who have been living in the state for at least 12 months and have studied for a minimum of one academic year (40 weeks) in Tasmania; The course undertaken must be full time and be either a bachelor or any higher degree, a diploma, an advanced diploma, or a trade qualification (minimum Cert III level for a skilled occupation in Major Group 3 in ANZSCO);
- have been working in Tasmania for six months immediately prior to the application in any fields (for a minimum of 35 hours per week); Evidence proving no local person has been able to fill the position Should be provided.
- For Overseas Applicants:
- have formal job offer for a job that is based in Tasmania and in-line with applicant's skills assessment; The applicant and his/her dependants have not lived in another Australian state or territory within the last 12 months. A genuine need for the nominated position must be met.
- have an immediate family member (parent, child, sibling, aunt, uncle, first cousin, or grandparent) permanently residing in Tasmania;
- Available to small business owners with past business experience and management expertise who have a business plan.
Processing Time: 20 working days
Sponsorship Fee: Nill
Eligible Postcodes: Entire territory (including Hobart, Launceston, Devonpor, Burnie, Kingston, Ulverstone, Wynyard, George Town and Sorell)
Source: DIBP, migration.tas.gov.au, business.nsw.gov.au, migration.qld.gov.au, migration.sa.gov.au, australiasnorthernterritory.com.au, liveinvictoria.vic.gov.au, migration.wa.gov.au,
|Electrical Linesworker job description, duties and education requirements|
|UNIT GROUP 3422 ELECTRICAL DISTRIBUTION TRADES WORKERS
ELECTRICAL DISTRIBUTION TRADES WORKERS prepare, install, repair, maintain and patrol electric power distribution networks.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.
- installing conductors and aerial equipment, and underground cables and equipment
- installing and maintaining equipment associated with electrical supply such as transformers
- attending to electrical breakdown and emergencies
- maintaining poles and associated hardware, and continuity of electrical supply and street lighting
- conducting routine maintenance on the aerial and underground electricity supply network
- conducting low-voltage switching operations
- fitting pole hardware and crossarms
- preparing low- and high-voltage cable joints and cable terminations while connecting and installing electrical equipment and overhead lines
- using heavy plant equipment such as elevated work platforms and portable equipment such as hydraulic drills
- may undertake substation installation and maintenance, and specialised testing and revenue meter installation
Sources: www.abs.gov.au and DIBP
Improve your chances of getting Permanent Residence.
|1. Complete our FREE visa Assessment form|
We pride ourselves on offering one of the most comprehensive visa assessment service. In 2016, over 9000 individuals have completed our famous Australian skilled visa assessment form. It is still FREE; there is no obligations or hidden fees.
|2. Improve your IELTS test Score|
The Macquarie University IELTS Test Centre is one of the largest IELTS Test Centres in Australia, offering a range of online IELTS preparation courses at a very affordable price starting from $49.
18/04/2019: Queensland re-opened the Working in Queensland, Masters and PhD Queensland Skilled Occupation Lists - ONSHORE Stream
03/8/2017: Occupation ceilings for the 2017-2018 programme year released - Comparison Chart
24/03/2017: 189 EOI Invitations 15/03/2017: Results of invitation round 15th of March 2017 have been published.
16/03/2017: 189 EOI Invitations 1/03/2017: The 1st of March 2017 EOI SkillSelect invitation round results have been released.
26/02/2017: 189 EOI Invitations 15/02/2017: The 15th of February 2017 SkillSelect invitation round - EOI Invitation Date Predictions
09/02/2017: 189 EOI Invitations 1/02/2017: The 1st of February 2017 SkillSelect invitation round results have been released.
01/02/2017: Western Australia Skilled Migration occupation list update February 2017
25/01/2017: 189 EOI Invitations 18/01/2017: The 18th of January 2017 SkillSelect invitation round results have been released.
11/01/2017: 189 EOI Invitations 4/01/2017: The 4th of January 2017 SkillSelect invitation round results have been released.
24/12/2016: 189 EOI Invitations 21/12/2016: The 21st of December 2016 SkillSelect invitation round results have been released.
20/12/2016: The updated SkillSelect 7/12/2016 round results has been released.
29/07/2016: NSW subclass 190 Visa Priority Skilled Occupation List - 2016-17
20/6/2016: Occupation ceilings for the 2016-17 programme year released - Comparison Chart
14/04/2016: Update - Northern Territory (NT) Migration Occupation List - April 2016
29/4/2015: Updated Northern Territory Skilled Occupation List - 25 New occupations added, 54 occupations removed from list