|Mechanical Engineering Draftsperson Immigration to Australia PR Visa|
| MECHANICAL ENGINEERING DRAFTSPERSON
Prepares detailed drawings and plans of mechanical engineering work in support of Mechanical Engineers and Engineering Technologists.
Skill Level: 2
Airconditioning Drafting Officer
Heating and Ventilating Technical Officer
Tool Design Draftsperson
The average salary for a Mechanical Engineering Draftsperson is $ 0 per year.
Average Age: Males: Females: 37.8 Persons:
[See: www.abs.gov.au 3125 Mechanical engineering draftspersons and technicians - Employee Earnings and Hours, Australia, May 2016]
|Australian visa options for Mechanical Engineering Draftsperson||Employer Sponsorship|
|Permanent||489 Visa||Permanent||482 TSS Visa|
|Skilled Occupation||ANZSCO Code||Assessing Authority||189 Visa||190 Visa||State||Family||186 Visa (DE)||187 Visa||All area||Regional area|
|Mechanical Engineering Draftsperson||312511||Engineers Australia|
|Visa processing times-months (75%) ||-||17||Business Visas|
|Visa processing times-months (90%) ||-||19|
Inapplicability conditions (for a TSS visa):
- The position does not require a minimum of 2 years’ relevant work experience.
- The position is not located in regional Australia (within the meaning of subregulation 5.19(16) of the Regulations).
To obtain a positive skills assessment form Engineers Australia, applicants wishing to be assessed as a Mechanical Engineering Draftsperson MAY need to submit a Competency Demonstration Report (CDR).
Information for Employers
Are you seeking to employ a Mechanical Engineering Draftsperson for your company?
If you are unable to find an Australian staff, you might consider hiring a Mechanical Engineering Draftsperson from overseas. We have a huge database of potential candidates; you can email us your job opportunity at email@example.com . Your offer will be sent to suitable candidates.
|This website is in a beta testing stage and is liable to have error.|
|Sponsorship options for Mechanical Engineering Draftsperson
|190 Visa Sponsorship
||489 Visa Sponsorship
|Northern Territory (NT) (Darwin) Government Visa Sponsorship
||NT||For applicants who are able to provide evidence of positive employment prospects
|NT||NT||For Graduates in the NT
|NT||NT||For applicants who have strong family connections
|NT||NT||For applicants who meet the NT residency and work requirements (including 485, 417, 462 and 457 visas Holders)
|Nomination by South Australia State Government (SA) (Adelaide)
||SA||Available to all applicants including South Australian international graduates. |
Eligible Postcodes: Entire territory (including Adelaide, Mount Gambier, Whyalla, Gawler, Port Pirie, Bridgewater, Port Augusta, Murray Bridge, Port Lincoln, Mount Barker, Victor Harbor and Aldinga Beach)
- Special Conditions (from 25/07/2018
): Available to international graduates in South Australia, OR applicants have worked in a skilled occupation in South Australia, OR have an immediate family member permanently residing in South Australia OR have eighty points or higher (including state nomination points).
- Special Conditions Apply
- Competent Plus English (e.g. IELTS 6.5 in each band) (or Proficient overall); Provisional 489 visa only
- 45 years or less
- Financial capacity
- See Exemption considerations for International graduates of South Australia
- Processing Times: 6 - 7 weeks
|Victoria State Nomination (VIC) (Melbourne)
||VIC|| For Graduates in Victoria:|
- completed a PhD in Victoria within the past five years.
- IELTS: Minimum 6.0 in each band
|Skilled Migration Western Australia State Nomination (WA) (Perth)
|New South Wales (NSW) (Sydney) State Visa Sponsorship
||Far South Coast|
||Mid North Coast|
|Queensland (QLD) State Visa Sponsorship (Brisbane)
|Australian Capital Territory (ACT) (Canberra) Visa Sponsorship
|Tasmanian (TAS) (Hobart) Government Visa Sponsorship
||TAS||Nomination Criteria: |
- Available to Tasmanian international graduates who have been living in the state for at least 12 months and have studied for a minimum of one academic year (40 weeks) in Tasmania; The course undertaken must be full time and be either a bachelor or any higher degree, a diploma, an advanced diploma, or a trade qualification (minimum Cert III level for a skilled occupation in Major Group 3 in ANZSCO);
- have been working in Tasmania for six months immediately prior to the application in any fields (for a minimum of 35 hours per week); Evidence proving no local person has been able to fill the position Should be provided.
- For Overseas Applicants:
- have formal job offer for a job that is based in Tasmania and in-line with applicant's skills assessment; The applicant and his/her dependants have not lived in another Australian state or territory within the last 12 months. A genuine need for the nominated position must be met.
- have an immediate family member (parent, child, sibling, aunt, uncle, first cousin, or grandparent) permanently residing in Tasmania;
- Available to small business owners with past business experience and management expertise who have a business plan.
Processing Time: 20 working days
Sponsorship Fee: Nill
Eligible Postcodes: Entire territory (including Hobart, Launceston, Devonpor, Burnie, Kingston, Ulverstone, Wynyard, George Town and Sorell)
Source: DIBP, migration.tas.gov.au, business.nsw.gov.au, migration.qld.gov.au, migration.sa.gov.au, australiasnorthernterritory.com.au, liveinvictoria.vic.gov.au, migration.wa.gov.au,
|Mechanical Engineering Draftsperson job description, duties and education requirements|
|UNIT GROUP 3125 MECHANICAL ENGINEERING DRAFTSPERSONS AND TECHNICIANS
MECHANICAL ENGINEERING DRAFTSPERSONS AND TECHNICIANS assist in mechanical engineering research, design, manufacture, construction, operation and maintenance of machines, manufacturing equipment, mechanical installations and facilities.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- preparing drawings, plans and designs for mechanical engineering work under the direction of Mechanical Engineers and Engineering Technologists
- assisting Mechanical Engineers and Engineering Technologists in the design of mechanical equipment and plant
- selecting tools and equipment
- assembling and installing new and modified mechanical assemblies, components, machine tools and controls, and hydraulic power systems
- estimating material costs and quantities, and machine requirements
- performing and directing field and laboratory tests
- collecting and analysing data, carrying out complex computations and preparing diagrams
- organising and supervising inspection and maintenance of machines and plant
- ensuring that designs and finished work are within specifications, regulations and contract provisions
Sources: www.abs.gov.au and DIBP
Improve your chances of getting Permanent Residence.
|1. Complete our FREE visa Assessment form|
We pride ourselves on offering one of the most comprehensive visa assessment service. In 2016, over 9000 individuals have completed our famous Australian skilled visa assessment form. It is still FREE; there is no obligations or hidden fees.
|2. Improve your IELTS test Score|
The Macquarie University IELTS Test Centre is one of the largest IELTS Test Centres in Australia, offering a range of online IELTS preparation courses at a very affordable price starting from $49.
05/07/2018: The lists of South Australia State nominated occupations for the 2018/19 program year released
21/01/2017: Queensland Skilled Migration occupation lists (QSOL) update January 2017
30/7/2015: SA State Nominated Occupation List - Update: Special Conditions Apply for Mechanical Engineering Draftsperson
13/7/2015: SA State Nominated Occupation List - Update: Special Conditions Apply for Industrial Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Production or Plant Engineer, ICT Business Analyst, Software Tester, Systems Administrator
2/7/2015: Significant Changes in State Nominated Occupation List - South Australia
29/4/2015: Updated Northern Territory Skilled Occupation List - 25 New occupations added, 54 occupations removed from list
6/6/2014: South Australia: Telecommunications Network Engineer shifted to Special Conditions Apply