|Ship's Master Immigration to Australia PR Visa|
| SHIP'S MASTER
Controls and manages the operations of a ship or boat. Registration or licensing is required.
Skill Level: 1
The average salary for a Ship's Master is $ 125,737 for male employees and $ 106,223 for female employees per year.
Average Age: Males: 50.1 Females: 49.8 Persons: 50.1
[See: www.abs.gov.au 2312 Marine transport professionals - Employee Earnings and Hours, Australia, May 2016]
|Australian visa options for Ship's Captain (Ship's Master)||Employer Sponsorship|
|Permanent||489 Visa||Permanent||482 TSS Visa|
|Skilled Occupation||ANZSCO Code||Assessing Authority||189 Visa||190 Visa||State||Family||186 Visa (DE)||187 Visa||All area||Regional area|
|Visa processing times-months (75%) ||-||17||Business Visas|
|Visa processing times-months (90%) ||-||19|
Inapplicability conditions (for a TSS visa):
- The position does not require a minimum of 2 years’ relevant work experience.
- The position has nominated annual earnings of less than AUD65,000.
- "(a) the position has nominated annual earnings of less than AUD180,001; and (b) if the nominee is to be transferred to fill the position—the transfer is not an intra-corporate transfer to which an international trade obligation applies."
- The position is not located in regional Australia (within the meaning of subregulation 5.19(16) of the Regulations).
- The position has nominated annual earnings of less than AUD120,000.
Information for Employers
Are you seeking to employ a Ship's Master for your company?
If you are unable to find an Australian staff, you might consider hiring a Ship's Master from overseas. We have a huge database of potential candidates; you can email us your job opportunity at firstname.lastname@example.org . Your offer will be sent to suitable candidates.
|This website is in a beta testing stage and is liable to have error.|
|Sponsorship options for Ship's Master
|190 Visa Sponsorship
||489 Visa Sponsorship
|Northern Territory (NT) (Darwin) Government Visa Sponsorship
- A mandatory registration or licensing is required
- Financial capacity
- Applicants living outside Australia:
one year of skilled work experience in the past 2 years or alternatively have Australian qualifications.
- Processing times
Offshore applicants: six to eight months
NT student / NT resident applicants: one month.
- Cost of application: Free
Postcodes: Entire territory (including Darwin, Palmerston, Alice Springs, Katherine and Nhulunbuy)
||NT||For applicants who are able to provide evidence of positive employment prospects
|NT||NT||For Graduates in the NT
|NT||NT||For applicants who have strong family connections
|NT||NT||For applicants who meet the NT residency and work requirements (including 485, 417, 462 and 457 visas Holders)
|Nomination by South Australia State Government (SA) (Adelaide)
|Victoria State Nomination (VIC) (Melbourne)
||VIC|| For Graduates in Victoria:|
- completed a PhD in Victoria within the past five years.
- IELTS: Minimum 6.0 in each band
|Skilled Migration Western Australia State Nomination (WA) (Perth)
|New South Wales (NSW) (Sydney) State Visa Sponsorship
||Far South Coast|
||Mid North Coast|
|Queensland (QLD) State Visa Sponsorship (Brisbane)
|Australian Capital Territory (ACT) (Canberra) Visa Sponsorship
|Tasmanian (TAS) (Hobart) Government Visa Sponsorship
||TAS||Nomination Criteria: |
- Available to Tasmanian international graduates who have been living in the state for at least 12 months and have studied for a minimum of one academic year (40 weeks) in Tasmania; The course undertaken must be full time and be either a bachelor or any higher degree, a diploma, an advanced diploma, or a trade qualification (minimum Cert III level for a skilled occupation in Major Group 3 in ANZSCO);
- have been working in Tasmania for six months immediately prior to the application in any fields (for a minimum of 35 hours per week); Evidence proving no local person has been able to fill the position Should be provided.
- For Overseas Applicants:
- have formal job offer for a job that is based in Tasmania and in-line with applicant's skills assessment; The applicant and his/her dependants have not lived in another Australian state or territory within the last 12 months. A genuine need for the nominated position must be met.
- have an immediate family member (parent, child, sibling, aunt, uncle, first cousin, or grandparent) permanently residing in Tasmania;
- Available to small business owners with past business experience and management expertise who have a business plan.
Processing Time: 20 working days
Sponsorship Fee: Nill
Eligible Postcodes: Entire territory (including Hobart, Launceston, Devonpor, Burnie, Kingston, Ulverstone, Wynyard, George Town and Sorell)
Source: DIBP, migration.tas.gov.au, business.nsw.gov.au, migration.qld.gov.au, migration.sa.gov.au, australiasnorthernterritory.com.au, liveinvictoria.vic.gov.au, migration.wa.gov.au,
|Ship's Master job description, duties and education requirements|
|UNIT GROUP 2312 MARINE TRANSPORT PROFESSIONALS
Improve your chances of getting Permanent Residence.
|1. Complete our FREE visa Assessment form|
We pride ourselves on offering one of the most comprehensive visa assessment service. In 2016, over 9000 individuals have completed our famous Australian skilled visa assessment form. It is still FREE; there is no obligations or hidden fees.
|2. Improve your IELTS test Score|
The Macquarie University IELTS Test Centre is one of the largest IELTS Test Centres in Australia, offering a range of online IELTS preparation courses at a very affordable price starting from $49.
03/8/2017: Occupation ceilings for the 2017-2018 programme year released - Comparison Chart
30/06/2017: Australia released new occupations lists for General Skilled Migration (MLTSSL and STSOL) in July 2017.
24/03/2017: 189 EOI Invitations 15/03/2017: Results of invitation round 15th of March 2017 have been published.
16/03/2017: 189 EOI Invitations 1/03/2017: The 1st of March 2017 EOI SkillSelect invitation round results have been released.
26/02/2017: 189 EOI Invitations 15/02/2017: The 15th of February 2017 SkillSelect invitation round - EOI Invitation Date Predictions
09/02/2017: 189 EOI Invitations 1/02/2017: The 1st of February 2017 SkillSelect invitation round results have been released.
01/02/2017: Western Australia Skilled Migration occupation list update February 2017
25/01/2017: 189 EOI Invitations 18/01/2017: The 18th of January 2017 SkillSelect invitation round results have been released.
11/01/2017: 189 EOI Invitations 4/01/2017: The 4th of January 2017 SkillSelect invitation round results have been released.
24/12/2016: 189 EOI Invitations 21/12/2016: The 21st of December 2016 SkillSelect invitation round results have been released.
20/12/2016: The updated SkillSelect 7/12/2016 round results has been released.
29/07/2016: NSW subclass 190 Visa Priority Skilled Occupation List - 2016-17
20/6/2016: Occupation ceilings for the 2016-17 programme year released - Comparison Chart
24/5/2016: Flagged Occupations - Occupations may be removed from SOL list in July 2017
14/04/2016: Update - Northern Territory (NT) Migration Occupation List - April 2016
2/7/2015: Significant Changes in State Nominated Occupation List - South Australia