|Zookeeper Immigration to Australia PR Visa|
Feeds, provides water for and monitors the health of animals in zoos, aquaria and wildlife parks, cleans, fixes and maintains animal cages, and informs visitors about animals.
Skill Level: 3
The average salary for a Zookeeper is $ 42,139 for male employees and $ 32,835 for female employees per year.
Average Age: Males: 33.1 Females: 28.8 Persons: 30.1
[See: www.abs.gov.au 3611 Animal attendants and trainers - Employee Earnings and Hours, Australia, May 2016]
|Australian visa options for Zookeeper||Employer Sponsorship|
|Permanent||489 Visa||Permanent||482 TSS Visa|
|Skilled Occupation||ANZSCO Code||Assessing Authority||189 Visa||190 Visa||State||Family||186 Visa (DE)||187 Visa||All area||Regional area|
|Visa processing times-months (75%) ||-||17||Business Visas|
|Visa processing times-months (90%) ||-||19|
Inapplicability conditions (for a TSS visa):
- The position is not located in regional Australia (within the meaning of subregulation 5.19(16) of the Regulations).
Zookeeper categories in Group D.
Information for Employers
Are you seeking to employ a Zookeeper for your company?
If you are unable to find an Australian staff, you might consider hiring a Zookeeper from overseas. We have a huge database of potential candidates; you can email us your job opportunity at firstname.lastname@example.org . Your offer will be sent to suitable candidates.
|This website is in a beta testing stage and is liable to have error.|
|Sponsorship options for Zookeeper
|190 Visa Sponsorship
||489 Visa Sponsorship
|Northern Territory (NT) (Darwin) Government Visa Sponsorship
||NT||For applicants who are able to provide evidence of positive employment prospects
|NT||NT||For Graduates in the NT
|NT||NT||For applicants who have strong family connections
|NT||NT||For applicants who meet the NT residency and work requirements (including 485, 417, 462 and 457 visas Holders)
|Nomination by South Australia State Government (SA) (Adelaide)
||SA||Available to South Australian international graduates, OR applicants have worked in a skilled occupation in South Australia, OR have an immediate family member permanently residing in South Australia OR have eighty points or higher (including state nomination points). |
- one year of skilled work experience in the past 3 years. See Work experience waiver
- 45 years or less
- Financial capacity
- Competent English (e.g. IELTS 6.0 in each band);; Provisional 489 visa only
- See Exemption considerations for International graduates of South Australia
- Processing Times: 6 - 7 weeks
|Victoria State Nomination (VIC) (Melbourne)
||VIC|| For Graduates in Victoria:|
- completed a PhD in Victoria within the past five years.
- IELTS: Minimum 6.0 in each band
|Skilled Migration Western Australia State Nomination (WA) (Perth)
|New South Wales (NSW) (Sydney) State Visa Sponsorship
|Far South Coast|
Please note that applications for the Skilled Regional Sponsored Visa (SRS) 489 for the NSW Far South Coast is currently suspended.
|Mid North Coast|
|Queensland (QLD) State Visa Sponsorship (Brisbane)
|Australian Capital Territory (ACT) (Canberra) Visa Sponsorship
|Tasmanian (TAS) (Hobart) Government Visa Sponsorship
||TAS||Nomination Criteria: |
- Available to Tasmanian international graduates who have been living in the state for at least 12 months and have studied for a minimum of one academic year (40 weeks) in Tasmania; The course undertaken must be full time and be either a bachelor or any higher degree, a diploma, an advanced diploma, or a trade qualification (minimum Cert III level for a skilled occupation in Major Group 3 in ANZSCO);
- have been working in Tasmania for six months immediately prior to the application in any fields (for a minimum of 35 hours per week); Evidence proving no local person has been able to fill the position Should be provided.
- For Overseas Applicants:
- have formal job offer for a job that is based in Tasmania and in-line with applicant's skills assessment; The applicant and his/her dependants have not lived in another Australian state or territory within the last 12 months. A genuine need for the nominated position must be met.
- have an immediate family member (parent, child, sibling, aunt, uncle, first cousin, or grandparent) permanently residing in Tasmania;
- Available to small business owners with past business experience and management expertise who have a business plan. (Not available for offshore applicants)
Processing Time: 20 working days
Sponsorship Fee: Nill
Eligible Postcodes: Entire territory (including Hobart, Launceston, Devonpor, Burnie, Kingston, Ulverstone, Wynyard, George Town and Sorell)
Source: DIBP, migration.tas.gov.au, business.nsw.gov.au, migration.qld.gov.au, migration.sa.gov.au, australiasnorthernterritory.com.au, liveinvictoria.vic.gov.au, migration.wa.gov.au,
|Zookeeper job description, duties and education requirements|
|UNIT GROUP 3611 ANIMAL ATTENDANTS AND TRAINERS
ANIMAL ATTENDANTS AND TRAINERS train, feed, groom and care for animals.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.
- teaching animals to obey verbal and non-verbal commands and addressing behavioural problems
- training animals to accept riders and pull vehicles
- training animals to perform in competitions
- bathing, cutting, combing, blow-drying and styling pets' coats, clipping their nails and cleaning their ears
- inspecting, preparing, cleaning, disinfecting and maintaining comfortable animal cages and enclosures
- transporting food, filling water troughs and feeding animals according to their individual needs
- maintaining animal health records, treating minor injuries and reporting serious conditions to Veterinarians
- exercising and playing with animals, answering visitor questions, and transferring animals between enclosures by leading or carrying them
- dusting and spraying insecticides on animals and immersing them in insecticide baths, to control insect pests
Sources: www.abs.gov.au and DIBP
Improve your chances of getting Permanent Residence.
|1. Complete our FREE visa Assessment form|
We pride ourselves on offering one of the most comprehensive visa assessment service. In 2016, over 9000 individuals have completed our famous Australian skilled visa assessment form. It is still FREE; there is no obligations or hidden fees.
|2. Improve your IELTS test Score|
The Macquarie University IELTS Test Centre is one of the largest IELTS Test Centres in Australia, offering a range of online IELTS preparation courses at a very affordable price starting from $49.
14/04/2016: Update - Northern Territory (NT) Migration Occupation List - April 2016
29/4/2015: Updated Northern Territory Skilled Occupation List - 25 New occupations added, 54 occupations removed from list