|Chief Information Officer Immigration to Australia PR Visa|
| CHIEF INFORMATION OFFICER
Plans, organises, directs, controls and coordinates the ICT strategies, plans and operations of an organisation to ensure the ICT infrastructure supports the organisation's overall operations and priorities.
Skill Level: 1
The average salary for a Chief Information Officer is $ 145,356 for male employees and $ 131,680 for female employees per year.
Average Age: Males: 44.5 Females: 41.2 Persons: 43.5
[See: www.abs.gov.au 1351 ICT managers - Employee Earnings and Hours, Australia, May 2016]
|Australian visa options for Chief Technology Officer (Chief Information Officer)||Employer Sponsorship|
|Permanent||491 Visa||Permanent||482 TSS Visa|
|Skilled Occupation||ANZSCO Code||Assessing Authority||189 Visa||190 Visa||State||Family||186 Visa (DE)||494 Visa||All area||Regional area|
|Chief Information Officer||135111||ACS|
|Visa processing times-months (75%) ||10||17||Business Visas|
|Visa processing times-months (90%) ||15||19|
Inapplicability conditions (for a TSS visa):
Information for Employers
Are you seeking to employ a Chief Information Officer for your company?
If you are unable to find an Australian staff, you might consider hiring a Chief Information Officer from overseas. We have a huge database of potential candidates; you can email us your job opportunity at firstname.lastname@example.org . Your offer will be sent to suitable candidates.
|This website is in a beta testing stage and is liable to have error.|
|Sponsorship options for Chief Information Officer
|190 Visa Sponsorship
||491 Visa Sponsorship|
|New South Wales (NSW) (Sydney) State Visa Sponsorship
|NSW||New South Wales 190 Visa|
Invitation results between January to August 2019
Invitation results from July to September 2019
|NSW Regional areas 491 Visa
|NSW Stream 1|
|NSW Stream 2|
|NSW Stream 3|
|Far South Coast|
|Mid North Coast|
|Information Technology Courses in New South Wales|
|Victoria State Nomination (VIC) (Melbourne)
|VIC||Victoria 190 Visa|
VIC Invitation results from July to September 2019
|VIC||Victoria 491 Visa|
Victorian target sectors
- Health (medical services, education and research and development.)
- Medical research (medical research conducted in universities and research institutes and activities such as drug development, clinical trials, health product manufacturing, medical devices and digital health.)
- Life sciences (medical technology, biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries. Companies involved in food processing, nutraceuticals and cosmeceuticals may also be considered to form part of the life sciences sector.)
- Digital (All digital skills including cyber security)
- Advanced manufacturing (industries such as defence and aerospace. Activities such as research and development, design, supply chain management)
- New energy, emissions reduction and circular economy (industries such as clean energy, renewables, bioenergy, carbon capture and energy storage.)
- Any occupation on the Department of Home Affairs skilled occupation lists is eligible to submit a Registration of Interest;
- Applicants must currently be living and working in regional Victoria, using their STEMM skills (Science, technology, engineering, mathematics and medicine) in a target sector.
- Applicants must currently have a ANZSCO skill levels 1, 2 and 3.
- Employment can be in a role that is closely related to the nominated occupation.
- Employment that is NOT related to the nominated occupation is not acceptable.
- Casual employment is acceptable.
- Receiving a scholarship or undertaking a professional placement can NOT be considered as an employment
- Hospitality pathway for highly skilled cooks and chefs: Applicants living and working in Victoria as a cook or chef are also be able to apply.
- Early Childhood Educators pathway: Applicants must be living and working in Victoria as an Early Childhood Educator. A relevant skills assessment as an Early Childhood (Pre-primary School) Teacher from AITSL is needed.
|VIC||Victoria Graduates 190 Visa|
|VIC||Victoria Graduates 491 Visa|
|Information Technology Courses in Victoria|
|Queensland (QLD) State Visa Sponsorship (Brisbane)
|QLD||Queensland 190 Visa|
QLD Invitation results from July to September 2019
|QLD||Queensland 491 Visa|
||QLD||Queensland 491 Visa Small Business Owner Pathway |
|Information Technology Courses in Queensland|
|Nomination by South Australia State Government (SA) (Adelaide)
|SA||South Australia 190 Visa
||SA||South Australia 491 Visa
|Information Technology Courses in South Australia|
|Skilled Migration Western Australia State Nomination (WA) (Perth)
|WA||Western Australia 190 Visa|
|WA||Western Australia 491 Visa|
|WA||Western Australia Graduates 190 Visa|
|WA||Western Australia Graduates 491 Visa|
|Information Technology Courses in Western Australia|
|Northern Territory (NT) (Darwin) Government Visa Sponsorship
|NT||Northern Territory 190 Visa|
NT Invitation results from July to September 2019
|NT||Northern Territory 491 Visa|
|Information Technology Courses in Northern Territory|
|Australian Capital Territory (ACT) (Canberra) Visa Sponsorship
|ACT||Canberra 190 Visa|
|ACT||Canberra 491 Visa|
ANZSCO Canberra Matrix: Applicants should express an interest in applying for ACT 190 or 491 nomination by completing a score-based Canberra Matrix where they are allocated points against demonstrated economic contribution or benefit and/or a genuine commitment to be part of the ACT community. Nominated Occupation
You must meet the following minimum criteria before you are eligible to express an interest in ACT 491 nomination:
- You must be living and working in Canberra for the three months immediately before the date of Matrix submission.
- You must meet one of the following two criterion:
- Your nominated occupation is on the ACT Critical Skills List; (Chief Information Officer has NOT been in ACT CRITICAL SKILLS LIST - September 2021)
- You are the primary holder of a subclass 457/482 visa sponsored by an ACT employer;
- You must be working a minimum 20 hours per week for 3 months. Your employment must be continuous; Paid leave (annual, personal or maternity) meets the continuous employment criteria; Unpaid leave only meets the continuous employment criteria if it is evidenced by a valid medical certificate (the certificate cannot be backdated).
- You must be in paid employment. Internships, stipends, scholarships and volunteer positions are not considered employment for this criterion.
- You may also work for more than one ACT employer or be self-employed on an ABN.
If you are self-employed on an ABN:
- Your total (taxable) income must be at least $500 pw for each week of the employment period claimed
- you must evidence at least 12 months ACT business activity at date of Matrix submission.
- If you are including a spouse / partner and/or children in your application, and they are in Australia, they must have lived in Canberra for the three months immediately before the date of Matrix submission.
Applicants must demonstrate a ‘Proficient’ level of English as defined by Home Affairs (ie IELTS result with a minimum score of 7 (L, R, W, S) or or PTE Academic with a minimum score of 65 (L, R, W, S) or be eligible for ACT 190 Streamlined PhD nomination).
The Canberra Matrix is closed to overseas applicants.
|ACT||ACT Streamlined PhD nomination 190 Visa|
|ACT||ACT Streamlined PhD nomination 491 Visa|
|Information Technology Courses in ACT|
|Tasmanian (TAS) (Hobart) Government Visa Sponsorship
|TAS||Tasmania 190 Visa|
TAS Invitation results from July to September 2019
|TAS||Tasmania 491 Visa|
|Information Technology Courses in Tasmania|
Source: DHA, migration.tas.gov.au, business.nsw.gov.au, migration.qld.gov.au, migration.sa.gov.au, australiasnorthernterritory.com.au, liveinvictoria.vic.gov.au, migration.wa.gov.au,
|Chief Information Officer job description, duties and education requirements|
|UNIT GROUP 1351 ICT MANAGERS
Improve your chances of getting Permanent Residence.
|1. Complete our FREE visa Assessment form|
We pride ourselves on offering one of the most comprehensive visa assessment service. In 2016, over 9000 individuals have completed our famous Australian skilled visa assessment form. It is still FREE; there is no obligations or hidden fees.
|2. Improve your IELTS test Score|
The Macquarie University IELTS Test Centre is one of the largest IELTS Test Centres in Australia, offering a range of online IELTS preparation courses at a very affordable price starting from $49.
01/08/2021: NSW 190 Visa update: The list of New South Wales State nominated occupations for the 2021/22 program year released.
04/07/2017: South Australia Skilled Migration occupation lists released July 2017.
30/06/2017: Australia released new occupations lists for General Skilled Migration (MLTSSL and STSOL) in July 2017.
15/10/2016: Moving to Australia from India statistics - Sydney the first destination choice
16/08/2016: Significant Changes to New South Wales (NSW) Skilled regional nominated migration List 489 visa
4/6/2016: South Australia Sponsorship: Offshore applicants for ICT occupations may need to meet a minimum of 70 points requirement from 4 July 2016
13/7/2015: SA State Nominated Occupation List - Update: Special Conditions Apply for Industrial Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Production or Plant Engineer, ICT Business Analyst, Software Tester, Systems Administrator
22/12/2014: South Australian State Nomination List – Update.